Orthokeratology (or Ortho-K) utilizes custom contact lenses to gently reshape your cornea. The treatment corrects your vision while you sleep, allowing you to see clearly in the day. Ortho-K can be a great alternative to conventional glasses or contact lenses for both children and adults.
- Slow down myopia during the growing years
- Slows down myopia progression
- Reduced risks of myopia related eye diseases into adulthood
- Better daytime comfort than wearing glasses
- Less dry eye issue from wearing daytime contact lenses
- Wider peripheral vision compared to glasses, leading to better sports performance
- Better self-esteem for some children
- Used at home at night - more convenient for parental supervision
- Avoid the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Vision correction without invasive surgery, such as Lasik
- No burden of wearing glasses
- Avoid dryness and itchiness from prolonged use of daytime contact lenses
- Convenient for outdoor activities and sports
- Freedom to wear non-prescription sunglasses
Ortho-K treatment at our office begins with a comprehensive eye exam, and a custom scan of your cornea. We use the latest Pentacam tomographer to create a unique 3D image of your cornea. With this information, Dr. Yuan digitally designs custom Ortho-K lenses to optimize myopia control, vision, comfort, and long-term health.
Why should you consider us to help you with Ortho-K?
- We offer a pre-appointment phone call to discuss your needs for Ortho-K.
- Our office is experienced and well trained in providing care for Ortho-K patients.
- We are equipped with state-of-the art equipment such as Pentacam to rule out any corneal abnormalities, such as keratoconus, prior to Ortho-K treatment. This ensures no contraindication for Ortho-K.
- We specialize in customizing Ortho-K lenses based on the unique 3-D mapping of your cornea. This ensures the best outcome possible for Ortho-K.
- Dr. Yuan’s son is near-sighted too. She understands your concerns as parents.
- Dr. Yuan speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin and some conversational Spanish.
Ortho-K lens correcting a higher degree of Myopia
A post-treatment corneal map of Ortho-K
Wave Ortho-K Design for Myopoia Ortho-K
Hyperopic Presbyopia Ortho-K
Hyperopic Presbyopia Ortho-K Fluorescein Pattern
Wave Ortho-K Design for Hyperopic Presbyopia